|FIRE APPARATUS SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Heavy Truck Service facility seeking qualified technician to
diagnose, repair, maintain, service and outfit Fire Apparatus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine inspection and scheduled maintenance on
Heavy Truck Equipment by following maintenance schedules and
processes established by the organization.
- Diagnose and repair fire apparatus vehicle problems
including electrical systems, hydraulic systems, drivability
issues, engine and power train, braking system and overall
vehicle performance issues.
- Diagnose and repair fire department vehicle special
systems including fire pumps, valves and related plumbing
components; foam injection systems; compressed air foam
systems; and electrical systems including emergency warning
equipment, radio communications equipment, automatic door
release, remote sensors and battery maintenance systems.
- Perform welding, fabrication and vehicle modification
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational or technical
nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of
advanced study or training past the high school equivalency.
Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory
completion of advanced study or training.
Experience with or as a heavy truck mechanic. Minimum 3 years
- Certifications and Other Requirements
- Valid CDL Driverís License required within 6 months . DMV check required
- Must have/or obtain ASE Heavy Truck Certifications
for Air Brake, Steering Systems and Heavy Truck Electrical.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) Certifications
preferred. EVT LEVEL 1 within 1 yr REQUIRED
- Completion of EVT Level II Certification required within
two years of employment.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings
- Read and follow simple to complicated instructions in
various repair manuels
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal
- Must have your own hand tools
- Must be able to operate standard items found in heavy
duty truck center. AC machine, electrical meters,
plasma cutters, welder & grinders
- Employment Agreement required
Pay based on experience and qualifications
Paid Vacation & Leave time
Health Care co-pay after 6 months